Development of pilot equipment park shed and ventilation system in Latvian State Institute of Wood Chemistry
is to modernise the bioeconomy research infrastructure at the Latvian State Institute of Wood Chemistry (LSIWC), and to strengthen the institutional capacity of LSIWC and the research resources’ concentration at LSIWC by modernising the LSIWC science infrastructure in the framework of RIS3.
LSIWC intends to implement a non-economic project whose weighted average non-economic part of the project in NPD% > 80%, and the investments made in the project are intended to be used in the LSIWC's non-economic main activity.
The total costs of the project are EUR 3'704'729.24. The total eligible costs are EUR 3'704'729.00, of which 95% is the public funding of EUR 3'519'493 (including the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) funding of EUR 2 991 569 and the state budget co-financing of EUR 527 924), while the LSIWC own funding of the project is 5% of the total eligible costs or EUR 185’236. The ineligible costs of the project are EUR 0.24, which will be covered by LSIWC's own funds.
According to the OECD FOS (Revised Field of Science and Technology) classification, the project will be implemented in the natural sciences sectors – Chemical Science, Biological Science and Earth and environmental science.
The implementation of the project will contribute mainly to the implementation of the economic transformation direction and growth priorities defined in the Latvian Smart specialisation strategy (hereinafter referred to as RIS3):
- Knowledge-intensive bioeconomy;
- Smart materials, technologies and engineering systems.
The term of the project’s implementation is 24 (twenty-four) months, and the project is planned to be implemented from 01.12.2017 to 31.12.2019.
The following key activities are envisaged in the project:
- Project management and publicity;
- Carrying out procurement procedures;
- Construction of a pilot equipment park shed;
- Construction supervision;
- Purchase of equipment;
- Ventilation construction.
The project aims to achieve the following key results:
- Designing and author’s supervision of the construction of the pilot equipment park shed and the ventilation system is performed;
- Construction of 1 pilot equipment park shed is performed;
- Construction of 1 ventilation system is performed;
- 44 new pieces of equipment are purchased, installed and put into operation;
- Supervision of the construction of the pilot equipment park shed and the ventilation system is performed.
Project coordinator: Karina Orlova.