Mg.sc.ing. Anda Fridrihsone
2012 – up till now – Environmental science PhD studies in Riga Technical university,
2012 – Master degree in environmental science (Mg.sc.ing,); Riga Technical University, Power and Electrical Engineering,
2010 – Bachelor degree in chemical engineering, Environmental engineering; Riga Technical university, Material Science and Applied Chemistry.
Research Interests and Expertise
Life Cycle Assessment of biobased polymers and their feedstock, which is an important step to evaluate to benefits of petrochemical replacement with bio-based raw materials. Analysis of polyols and polyurethanes using instrumental and chemical testing methods. Funding attraction.
ERDF project “Rigid Polyurethane/Polyisocyanurate Foam Thermal Insulation Material Reinforced With Nano/MicroSize Cellulose”, 01/2017-12/2019, researcher,
ERDF project “Development of innovative polyols and polyol systems from recycled polyethylene terephthalate (PET) flakes and renewable raw materials”, 08/2014 – 08/2015, research assistant,
FP7 project "The Electric Vehicle revOLUTION enabled by advanced materials highly hybridized into lightweight components for easy integration and dismantling providing a reduced life cycle cost logic ,,(EVOLUTION)", 11/2012 – 11/2016, research assistant
ERDF project “Development of Volatile Organic Compounds Non-Containing Sprayable Polyurethane Coatings from Renewable Raw Materials” funded by ERDF; 2011 – 2013, research assistant.
2018 - Laureate of fellowship L'Oréal Baltic-UNESCO For Women in Science,
2013 – the 9th Coatings Science International Conference Creativity Award (best poster) in international COSI 2013,
2012 – International Conference on Bio-based Polymers and Composites (BiPoCo-2012) award for the Best poster presentation II place,
2012 – Winner of Werner von Siemens Excellence Award in 2013 with master thesis „Rapeseed oil – renewable raw material for obtaining innovative polyurethanes” (Riga Technical university, Riga, 2012),
2012 – The World Sustainable Energy Days (WSED) young researcher forum “WSED NEXT!” with paper “Renewable resources as raw materials for high efficient, energy saving thermal insulation” invited speakers for „WSED 2012”.
- A. Fridrihsone, F. Romagnoli, U. Cabulis. Life Cycle Inventory for winter and spring rapeseed production in Northern Europe. Journal of Cleaner Production. 177, 2018, 79-88 (DOI 10.1016/j.jclepro.2017.12.214);
- Fridrihsone-Girone, A., Stirna, U., Misane, M., Lazdiņa, B., Deme, L. Spray-applied 100% volatile organic compounds free two component polyurethane coatings based on rapeseed oil polyols. Progress in Organic Coatings, Volume 94, 2016, Pages 90-97 (DOI: 10.1016/j.porgcoat.2015.11.022);
- Fridrihsone-Girone, Anda. Preliminary Life Cycle Inventory of Rapeseed Oil Polyols for Polyurethane Production. Journal of Renewable Materials, Volume 3, Number 1, March 2015, pp. 28-33(6), (DOI: 10.7569/JRM.2014.634136);
- U. Stirna, A. Fridrihsone-Girone, V. Yakushin, D. Vilsone. Processing and properties of spray-applied, 100% solids polyurethane coatings from rapeseed oil polyols. Journal of Coatings Technology Research. 11 (3) 409–420, 2014 (DOI: 10.1007/s11998-013-9545-8);
- Fridrihsone, A., Stirna, U., Lazdiņa, B., Misāne, M., Vilsone, Dz. Characterization of Polyurethane Networks Structure and Properties Based on Rapeseed Oil Derived Polyol. European Polymer Journal 49 (2013) 1204–1214 (DOI: 10.1016/j.eurpolymj.2013.03.012);
- U. Stirna, A. Fridrihsone, B. Lazdiņa, M. Misāne. Dz. Vilsone. Biobased Polyurethanes from Rapeseed Oil Polyols: Structure, Mechanical and Thermal Properties. Journal of Polymers and the Environment 21 (4) 2013, pp 952-962 (DOI:10.1007/s10924-012-0560-0).