Dr.sc.ing. Uldis Grīnfelds
2012. PhD degree (Dr. sc. ing.) in Wood Materials and Technologies, Latvia University of Agriculture, Forest Faculty
Research Interests and Expertise
Wood structure, wood chemical composition. Obtaining and characterization of cellulose and paper composites. Ecological building and ecological materials. Wood science and materials.
2019. LS IWC grant. Complex processing of the hemp and its products (HEMPWISDOM).
2017.-2018. LS IWC grant. Regeneration and modification of cellulose for obtaining environment friendly materials (RenModCell).
2017. Norway grant. Investigation of ecosorbent made from different wood species.
2014. – 2015. ERAF Project. Investigation of ecofriendly molded paper fibre materials for use of food packing with additives from renewable resources.
2016. Contract research. Development of new technology in order to avoid SIA Livonia Print ofset print defects. Project leader, researcher.
from 2017. Member of Wood Industry Expert Council
from 2015. Latvia University of Life Sciences and Technologies. Forest Faculty. Member of qualification commission of master level study program "Wood materials and technologies"
from 2013. Latvian Wood Quality Experts Union, Head of Testing Laboratory
from 2010. Vocational Education Competence Centre „Riga Technical College, guest docent, member of qualification commission
- Vikele L., Laka M., Sable I., Rozenberga L., Grinfelds U., Zoldners J., Passas R., Mauret E. 2017 Effect of chitosan on properties of paper for packaging. Cellulose chemistry and technology, 51 (1-2), 67-73.
- Sable I., Grīnfelds U., Vīķele L., Rozenberga L., Zeps M., Neimane U., Jansons A. 2017 Effect of Refining on the Properties of Fibres from Young Scots (Pinus Sylvestris) and Lodgepole Pines (Pinus Contorta). Baltic Forestry, 23(2), 529-533.
- Sable I., Grinfelds U., Vikele L., Rozenberga L., Lazdina D., Zeps M., Jansons A. 2017 Chemical composition and fiber properties of fast-growing species in Latvia and its potential for forest bioindustry. Forestry Studies, 66, 27-32.
- Laka M., Skute M., Janceva S., Fridrihsone, I.Sable, L.Vecbiskena, U.Grinfelds, Andze L., Zoldners J. 2017 Nanoparticle gels obtained from hardwood and softwood bark for reinforcing of paper. Materials Engineering, 267, 12-16.
- Veitmans K., Grinfelds U. 2016 Wood fiber insulation material. 22nd Annual International Scientific Conference 'Research for Rural Development' proceedings, 2, 91-98.